View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Most difficult form of poker?

[/ QUOTE ] I really hate to bump this thread, but I am having a really [censored] day at work, so wtf not..

Anyhow, this argument is ridiculous.. that would suggest that any no-limit game takes less skill to beat than any limit/pot-limit game. Actually, i think No-Limit holdem takes the most skill because there is so much variance and so much depends on reading the player and not on your own cards/board.

I think you could write a computer program that could beat pot limit Omaha8 a lot easier than you could write one to beat NL holdem. That game is so much about position and starting hands that the really tough river decisions are much less important. Most of your profit can come from having people drawing dead after the flop and still calling your bets.

Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say no skill is involved in no limit but in NL freeze out so much of the skill advantage of a better player can be negated by just going all in every hand. Ironically , Mike Sexton actually wrote an article about this in the recent issue of cardplayer where he actuallly said a pro would only be a 2:1 favorite against someone's whos never played poker before because the novice can just keep going all in. He also said Pot Limit is much more difficult than NL.

Not sure i'd agree exactly with sexton on the odds but overall i agree with this.