View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: The True Cost of Table Games

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so, I play lots of live poker. I usually play 40-80 or 80-160. Every once in awhile, when I have time to kill or feel too tilted to play poker, but am not going home yet, I play some blackjack or mini baccarat. Often, it's $25 minimum. But anyway...I know what the actual cost of these games is based on the edge. But I dropped like 400 this weekend at it and it kinda pissed me off. But then I say to myself, well it really cost X. But basically, I look to run up like 200 into 1000 or whatever and quit and most of the time lose the 200. Does the fact that I usually lose what I gamble at these games change the overall cost? Obviously, mathematically it doesn't, so I dunno what I'm getting at here. Just kinda irritated lol. I probably should just not play these games at all, but sometimes I feel like it. I don't go off for huge sums (like thousands). So what's it actually cost? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're playing $25/hand BJ with perfect strategy, it's costing you about $10-12/hr, even less if you're sitting at a full table. In any event, if the alternative is sitting in your normal 80-160 game on tilt, I'm sure you're losing less per hour playing BJ.