View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Llabb\'s Locks (NBA)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Considering Utah shot 29% from the field last night, don't you think they're a much better team, relatively speaking, than the 73-62 loss indicated?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not really. The defense will be there, as it's a Jerry Sloan team, but they have no offense. Last night the Jazz started Milt Palacio, Andre Owens, Matt Harpring, Mehmet Okur, and Greg Ostertag. That is worse than many NBA 2nd units. Most NBA fans don't even know who those players are. Harpring's not even supposed to play tonight b/c he shouldn't play back-to-backs yet, so I don't even know who they're going to start.

AK, Boozer, and Giricek all not playing, and McLeod and Deron gimpy. This team is absolutely horrible. The only thing they have going for them is Jerry Sloan and an overreaching Okur, who they're depending on since they have no one else.

That said, Sacramento has been putrid as well, so there's always a chance Utah covers. That's why I should have taken it at -7 last night, and am just playing 1u on the full game, 1u on the 1st half, for the lower spread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand but these men, while 2nd team type players, are professionals and even the worst offensive-minded professionals have a hard time repeating a 29% shooting performance.