View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]

You're not any safer when I'm allowed to carry a concealed handgun. But I don't know if you're any less safer. I'm inclined to believe that I'm safer when I'm carrying my handgun than when I'm not. (All these statements about me carrying need to be post-dated... I don't have a permit yet, and thus I don't carry. I'll let ya know if my feelings change.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the problems I have with the law. I believe that as a non gun carrier I am definitely more unsafe with people carrying concealed weapons. This is because the number of illegal carriers won't change. More guns out in public means more guns that could possibly harm me even if they are in the hands of a legal carrier. A legal carrier has no obligation to protect me from criminals and would probably be more harm than good if they tried.

I think we are in agreement on this and this adds up to me being more unsafe as a result of this law. Even is we assume that legal carriers are safer, which I don't agree with, everyone else is not and this is wrong.

I shouldn't have to sacrafice a portion of my safety to boost your perception of your own safety just because I don't want to carry a gun.