View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: let her go?? in love with AA, but is she right for me??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if your not folding the best hand sometimes, you aren't playing optimal poker...

[/ QUOTE ]
thoughts on leading the turn??? or are we confident that the fishy got there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's so little chance that a bet doesn't go in here on the turn, so giving a free card isn't much of a consideration. If we bet and get raised, we are probably drawing really thin to JJ anyway. Villain probably won't raise KK or QQ again after all the capping and your betting again. So betting and checking seem pretty similar except that when you check:

1. You save a bet when it goes check, bet, check-raise in the situation described.

2. You save a bet when villain has JJ and you are drawing near dead. (The fact that I want to get to showdown here makes me not want to have to pay 3 BB to do so.)

If I thought CO would raise the turn with a hand we were beating with any regularity I think I like betting better, but I like checking against an unknown. Note also that since we're not vulnerable to overcards, the pot's so big, there's three-to-a-flush hand protection basically goes out the window here because it's gonna be pretty impossible to do.