View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]
You must be horrified to set foot outside your house. Who knows what bad bad criminal might have a gun and be looking to use it. Or, on the off chance that you run into someone with a concealed weapon's permit, who's carrying a concealed weapon, they might lose their mind and shoot you or someone you love.

The guns are out there. The threat is real. How much danger do people who carry legally actually add to this threat? I wonder what the percentage is of people illegally carrying guns vs the people legally carrying guns, in public.

I wonder who's more likely to shoot you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be concerned that law abiding gun owner shoots me, I'm concerned that they will cause a non violent situation escalate to a violent one regarding a criminal.

"Who is more likely to shoot me?" isn't the question. The question is "Is a criminal more likely to shoot me if a person with a concealed weapon give him a reason to shoot me?" The answer to that question is yes.

I know you already said that you wouldn't take the law into your own hands, but who knows what some of the other people will do. I'd prefer not having to worry about it.

I assume you were being sarcastic when you asked me if I'm horrified to step foot outside of my house with people carrying concealed weapons. Obviously not, but I know I'm not any safer. That's all that really matters.