View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Burrito cart tipping dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So are you opposed to tipping in general? Do you have the same attitude towards waiters? "Bring me my food and charge me for it. End of transaction." Your barber? "Cut my hair and charge me for it..." etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i am opposed to tipping in general. in my perfectly logical fantasy world, there would be no tipping. simply charge me more. the whole tipping system is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, but it isn't changing anytime soon, so I tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do too, and tip well. i just know someone will appear to call me a cheap bastard though.. funny.

anyway let me just clarify my philosophy. i tip in restaurants because their wages are generally very small, since tipping is expected. i would never tip a guy with a burrito cart, i would never tip at dunkin donuts, starbucks, or any of that crap. i do tip at the barber on the rare occasion i go there, but i only do it because that's what you're "supposed to do".. again.. what a sad system. i tip cab drivers.. this one i am most pissed off at. why not just bump the fare a little? when i get out am i supposed to say, "great driving chap! here's some extra money for your excellent service!"?

hmm.. who else do i tip.. delivery guys...i think that's it.. oh, poker dealers, but again.. their hourly wages are generally small because their bosses know they will be tipped.. so i have to play the game. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]