View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Fantasy football theory

I'm always a big fan of improving my team. It doesn't matter to me either way. I'll trade with the first place team if the match-ups work out for me.

In this situation I would offer the guy a trade. Maybe Jackson for Smith. The point is it makes your team better in the long run and that is the most important thing. If you remove all weakness from your team, i.e. your third receiver, you can really blow some teams out. Sure it might help the second best team, but it basically gives him the same weakness that you just had. If you think he might make the other trade be worried. If you don't think he will stand pat. But since your probably not sure, being your first year in the league, I would try and make the trade.

Just to point out I practice what I preach, two weeks ago I made a Priest Holmes for Torry Holt trade. And I was playing the guy the next week which was Holt's bye week. I was in third place he was in first. I almost waited, but decided not too. Holmes gets hurt the week I trade him now I have Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson, Domminick Davis, Torry Holt, Reggie Wayne and Lavernious Coles. Blow him out of the water the week I play him and now I am a half game out of first and his team is spiraling downward.