View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: American Fottball: When to Go for Two

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't need to read past "It is the 1st quarter" and "It is the 3rd quarter" to vote no on the first 2.

3rd one is close, I gave the slight edge to yes. People might say but if you miss and they kick a field goal you're down my 8 and need 2 points, but I don't like the chances that you'd gonna hold a team that's put up 41 on you and is driving to a field goal.

I could see an argument against going for 2 based on the fact that there's 13 minutes left and you're in a shootout, so who cares about a 3 vs. 4. vs. 5 point deficit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot then. The 2nd and 3rd one are the same if time is not a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm....that's exactly what I said. "3rd quarter" you potentiall have half the game left. 13 minutes left, you potentially have just one meaningful posession left, so you put yourself in a position to tie with a FG. As I said, if there is one, the edge is slight.

But lack of reading comprehension is something I'd expect from a Yankee fan, so you are excused.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said No to the first 2, even though 2 and 3 are the same if you don't look at time. You said "Didn't need to read past (insert quarters here)", yet, you had different answers for 2 and 3. I know what I read, and you are giving contradicting statements.