View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Opening Lines for Chicks @ Coffee Shops

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post Guy. Feel like describing that first initial moment?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know that there's much to describe. She had just picked up her espresso from the counter and sat down at an empty table. I had ordered and was waiting for mine and went over and sat down across from her, leaned in over the table and asked her kind of quietly but with urgency, "Do you remember that Crystal Pepsi stuff?" She smiled and said yes, trailing off with an ellipses like she was expeccting more, so I continued with, "Okay good, 'cause I just got off the phone with a friend and he SWEARS I'm crazy and the stuff never existed." Which was a lie, but whatev, it just came out. Then she went on to say she doesn't drink anything but Diet Coke, I told her I swore off soda for good, blah blah blah, I let her talk about her life, school, etc, we have some laughs, we chat about other light stuff for ~half an hour before we have to go. I get her number and give her a hug goodbye and that's it.

[ QUOTE ]

I've stopped worrying about the intro so much, as what you say doesn't matter nearly as much as how you say it, or what you follow up with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely true. Can't be stressed enough.

GoT