View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Is alcohol the answer? If so, straighten me out OOT

1. You don't need to drink if you really really don't want to. There is nothing wrong with not drinking.

2. Most people equate college with drinking, and a majority of your classmates will be binge drinkers.

3.If you decide not to drink, you will be limiting the social functions you will going to. some people can pull off going to a crazy party and not having a drink but still having a great time, but many would be uncomfortable in that situation.

3a. Going to a party where people are doing kegstands and getting superdrunk and just having a few drinks yourself is cool. I've done it, and many people do it.

[ QUOTE ]
Sophomore year of highschool before I even touched alcohol I was involved in a heavy concussion playing football with friends that left me conscious but "not there" for 6 hours. Easily the scariest couple of days in my life, waking up and having amnesia, remembering crap over again, losing all four front teeth, nast nasty situation.

I can't get past this episode whenever I get close to alcohol. I just have a fear of not being in control of my senses, so I've never gotten close to drinking too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you are stone drunk, falling on the floor passing out, it will not be neerly as bad as what you experienced with the concussion. You will just be really nauseous and have a wicked bad headache later on.

5. To start out, buy a six pack and just have 2 or 3 beers one night. Drink a glass of water after each one. Then you will realize that you'll be okay if you drink a little.

If you want to try hard liquor start out with some simple vodka drinks, screwdriver, vodka and cranberry, things like that.

Don't worry so much about the girls. It's only November. You still have more than 3 1/2 years of fun.

Enjoy!
TONY