View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: NFL MVP final round

[ QUOTE ]
Here comes one of my favorite arguments. What makes you an MVP? Is it best season, best stats or most valuable to your team's success? In my mind it has always been most valuable to the team's success.

I think the most valuable player has to be Peyton Manning or LaDainian Tomlinson. If you remove Shaun Alexander the Seahawks are still probably 7-2, maybe 6-3. While he is good in the Red Zone, alot of his success is due to a very good offensive line that could open up holes for most good running backs. Plus, their passing game is above average and could win a game on it's own.

Without Peyton Manning the Colts are dead in the water. He makes all of the play calls and is the catalyst of the best team in football. I made the argument in another thread that if you removed Edge or Harrison the offense would be the same, but if you removed Peyton they are just average.

The same argument can be made for Tomlinson. His three worst games this year have cost his teams games. The game where Philly shut him down and the first two games of the year when they were trying to use him as a decoy.

I don't think a wide reciever can win it. So Steve Smith is out. If John Kitna was at QB the Bengals would be about the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great post.