View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Getting it right on the turn.

The latest thinig that Tommy Angelo wrote that had an impression on my follows:

[ QUOTE ]
Being checked to on the turn in headsup and threeway pots after being the preflop and flop aggressor is my life. Getting it right is why I'm there. Best advice I can give to you on this matter is, pay attention, to everything, always, especially yourself, so that when they check to you, you are free and ready...

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I play the more I'm convinced that against reasonable players this is where me make out most money. Betting the turn or checking, calling turn checkraises or not. The river almost always plays itself, the flop is more interetsing then the river but a lot of the time plays itself, I feel I make the most mistakes on the turn. So for the next while I'm goign to dedicate myself to only posting hands that involve me being checked to on the turn in a 3handed or heads up pot, and having to decide whether to bet and call a checkraise, bet and fold to a checkraise, check and call a river bet, or check and fold to a river bet.

Starting out...

My opponent on this hand is a little too loose and a little too aggressive, 27/13ish.

I open UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] only the SB and villian in the BB call.

flop is 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, villian checks, I bet, SB folds, villian folds.

turn is a 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villian checks, and I do what?

In this hand I see my options (if the river blanks)as:

Betcall call the river
Betcall fold the river
check and call the river
check and fold the river.

Finally if I check and an A or K comes off, and my oppoenents do I call or raise?