View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Dog Dilemma (negotiating advice needed)

[ QUOTE ]
What are the negotiations like? I kinda get the impression they are not to friendly, which suprises me for frat brothers (There are no frats at my school, so I wouldn't know). I think your best bet is to make your case about all you have done for the dog, and then get really really angry and upset and make them feel like bad people for giving you a hassle. From what you said, I would imagine 1000-1500 is most fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not that bad, but when the discussion turns to money, everyone kinda jews-up (I can say this cause I look jewish and have jewish friends). The way things are voted on, everyone wants to be as cheap as possible. We have no problem spending $10,000+ on a homecoming budget (building stupid [censored] for a weekend that is torn down and tossed in the dumpster 5 days later) and $6,000 on Greek-Week (same kinda deal except in the spring)... BUT when someone brings up the idea of buying two new vaccuum cleaners ($250 each), everyone starts arguing that we can get some cheaper than that and the argument will last for an hour and most likely settled for the cheaper ones (that just break in 6 months).

So I expect everyone to pretty much jew up and get me to pay as much as they can. I will still owe a grand at the end of this semester which they can be damn sure they won't see a penny of if they try to get me to pay anything above $1500.