View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Failed screw play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a good play vs good players.

Since we will occassionally check the turn OOP with nothing, we have to occassionally check/raise it with a strong hand too. This way, our observant opponents cannot peel the flop with weak holdings, and then bet the turn with impunity when we check to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Metagame reasons is another factor, yes. But as another poster mentioned the screw play is way better against a LAG than a TAG. A TAG is capable of folding decent but worse hands he would otherwise have called down and will check behind more often than a LAG when he is not ahead.

I actually now think that the decision to use the screw play in this situation against this opponent is worse than the fold, which I don't think is that bad, still not sure it is even a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

the screwplay for value is a better play against LAGs because they will bet more hands for you. but the screwplay for shania by TAGs [censored]s with me hardcore. for example, if (as the assumption always goes) I'll fold so many hands he beats or check behind, then he should do it with weaker hands or with draws that want free cards. then I catch on. So then he has to do it with strong hands or I'll just 3-ball his ass. but now I can fold more cause he's got the goods. so he cathces on. then he can do it with draws, or as a bluff. but now I'm calling or 3-betting or checking behind and he can force me into some pretty big errors. helps to nullify the positional disadvantage.