View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: playing against the \"I\'ve got aces\" reraise with a medium/small pa

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well you just were on about the early rounds. Stop raising 88 in mid position in the early rounds, then you won't get in this situation. It's hardly rocket science is it!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the point of the post. The point is that I have implied odds to call anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the 109s and up its necessary to make those kinds of raises, especially on stars where the stacks are deeper. if you have 1500, call that 140 reraise, you have excellent odds, and if you set up you bust him. i call if theres someone else in too, and if its heads up.. i prolly call anyway. if the rr is much more than 140 though, its probably not worth it. and for the record, i dont think its as bad as everyone is making it out to be raising with 88 in mp. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, that is my point of view exactly. I feel as though everyone plays these pairs way too weakly. You limp, couple other limps, you flop your set and you make nothing. You limp, somebody puts in a big raise behind and you fold. I think this is wrong. You play it strong, build up the pot, and make them call a big "continuation" bet after you hit your set. if you don't hit the set, be done with it. I agree that any more than 140 I don't call.