View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Could i have played this hand worse?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As played, I like a call and go for a turn c/r all-in,

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell me you're kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only partly (I guess I misplaced the [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). (BTW - I think your line is the most +EV, my line is really setting up a bluff -- Maybe I should have consulted with TWP before posting it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

First, I think folding is a good option starting pre-flop, but now you are in the soup, right?

Going all-in on the flop screams draw and any decent villain with a decent holding will call. If the goal is to try to win the pot (not lose the minimum since folding to flop raise accomplishes that), then the c/r on the turn is powerful weapon in the arsenal.

Put yourself in villain's shoes. Your flop raise is called, a blank hits the turn and now all of a sudden your opponent goes all in. Unless villain has a monster his only reasonable course is to fold. This line might get A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to fold where it would call on the flop. Neither of our lines folds a set.

For the sake of argument let's assume the only way hero is winning this hand is a stone cold bluff. How do you set it up and when do you execute it?