View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Where should I play: Rakeback vs. Fish

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think that i would make the most of both of my games at PartyPoker - but playing about 300 hands a day (5 days a week) it doesn't seem profitable to give up the 20-35% rakeback oppurtunities elsewere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its profitable if you can win.

Id rather play with worse players and no rakeback. Rakeback isnt that much for your level of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the biggest misconceptions about rakeback. Rakeback is a percentage, namely, a percentage of rake you receive back from the website. Using a rakeback of 30%, generally that means your ROI is increased (or not reduced as much) by 30% of 10% of the rake, which is 3% total.

What does this mean? You can:

a) Go with Empire. You get a 3% increase of ROI, but less fish.
b) Go with Party. For arguments sake, I'm assuming there's no RB there. You lose 3% increase of ROI, but get to eat fish all day.

It all depends on what you think is greater. Can you overcome 3% ROI by playing more fish? It really depends on the person.

To say that the RB is too small is a big error. Poker winnings should be considered in %, or APY of sorts, based on the size of the game you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please...I can't believe you wrote all that.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Did I make a mistake? I'm just trying to help the guy out, not trying to berate you.