View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: I KNOW it\'s the Devil\'s Hand......

I vote call the flop. Bet out on K turn or c/r J turn, otherwise check and call. River depends heavily on opponent and how he thinks of you. Suffice to say that if he checks turn, a bet/fold line on river is usually mandatory, and if you c/c turn, I'd often just c/c river again.

If villain is the type to open his range up quite a bit in LP, then he's probably used to being c/r'ed on the flop a fair amount. Thus, he may have decided to take a stand with something like QJ with bd flush draw, QQ-TT, or any pair on board. If this is the case, we'd rather not give a free card, but note that he's already stuck in 3 sb with a weak draw. Thus if we look like we're shutting down, he will probably bet turn for us, hoping to fold us. If he checks behind, well then he paid 3 sb for his weak draw instead of the 4 he'd have paid by calling our flop c/r and turn lead, and he'll usually only get 1 more BB out of us on the river if he hit anyway (when we bet/fold). If he has a hand like Kx and doesn't make 2pair, we'll be annoyed that we didn't quite extract the maximum but I think this is offset by the times when our passivity causes us to stay for a J river that snaps his AA/AK/KQ.