Thread: Wheel of Time
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Wheel of Time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. Let's get to the epic battle, Rand goes [censored] nuts and has a quintuplesum with the girls while the earth explodes around them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget Mat. And Perrin might be the worst character ever written into a fantasy novel. He actually annoys me in much the same fashion as the protagonist from Thomas Covenant series.

[/ QUOTE ]

But with Thomas Covanant I think you are meant to hate him as he hates himself, in the first books anyway. I quite liked those books better than the Gap books he followed it with.

[/ QUOTE ]

The next book is the last book, and I say thank god, I absolutely fell in love with the first, id say 5-6 books, but after that, pure [censored] filler. Here is the plotline of the last 5:

"Would you like some tea?" asked pointless bitchy Aes Sedai character #65 whose name sounds like everyone elses and confuses the [censored] out of me. As Nynaeve angrily pulled her braids (get it, its her character thing) she noticed that the thick brown tea was about four degrees warmer than the air around it, and that the pot was undoubtedly silver, with chasings 'round the rim. She put her arms under her full breast, feeling the silky confines of her indecent Taraboner dress, red with slashes of silver, much like other Aes Sedai wore in days past, though Elayne would have something to say about it in her frilly laced dress, black lace spilling over her neck and at the sleeves.

UGH WHO [censored] CAAAARES!!!!

Not to mention that Jordan seems to find every man inept and every woman a conniving bitch.