View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: SnG Hand, ever fold here to get ITM? (LC)

Wiseheart - I wouldn't play that particular starting hand. Not even from the button. It just doesn't connect quite often enough. You'll only connect well or reasonably well with about one out of every seven flops - and when you don't connect, you'll still have a pair of kings which can be very tempting to over-play. Thus I'd fold it on the first betting round.

Then on the second betting round, you have a tough choice. You don't really have a connection with the flop but if nobody has an eight, you're looking very strong. However, UTG bets. I'd be wondering if UTG happens to have an eight (which would put you way, way behind). If you call, you're chasing, which is not good. But you hate to weakly fold and you hate to raise, just in case you're raising into trip eights. And that's the problem with seeing the flop with the hand to begin with. It's easy to get into trouble.

Anyway, you call and then hit your miracle card on the turn. I'd go all-in here.

[ QUOTE ]
Im still at about 3.2k, when UTG makes a huge bet here, is there anyway you can fold, just in case he has a monster?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the one who has the monster! Well... I suppose Villain could have quad eights or a full house with a straight flush draw. Nonetheless, I think your play is to raise all-in.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, here, anyway you would fold just in case here, just in case this guy has a supermonster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes! That river card is very scary! Now Villain could have quad eights or a straight flush!

I think I see it coming. Looks to me like you're posting because Villain made a straight flush on the river (or had quad eights all along).

But to answer your question, no. Folding here is terrible. Villain could be betting this way with all kinds of hands you could beat - and there are just the two sensational hands (quads or a straight flush) that beat you.

Sometimes you have to play with courage. Regardless of the results, I think this is one of those times.

Just my opinion.

Buzz