View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Sklansky on Abortion

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with all that. Abortion is wrong, however, the alternative to it is far worse. Forcing a pregnant woman to gestate against her will is about as close to slavery as one can come in this society. Regardless of the reason a woman desires an abortion, she should not be forced to donate her bodily resources to an unwanted child inside of her.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see it this way. We already have social and legal obligations to the children we create. Can two parents, having just had their child delivered leave that child in the street and have nothing happen to them? Of course not. That's called neglect. The same can be said of child support. The government forces a person to pay their former spouse money against their will. How is this much different?

[ QUOTE ]
So let me see if I have this right... Abortion is murder because sometime in the future, we will be able to keep premature fetuses alive after they are removed from the womb? I don't see how that makes it murder.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, this was not a good argument for why abortion is murder. It's homicide because it is the ending of human life. Many consider it murder because they believe that embryo represents a person with rights such as the right to not be unjustly killed.

[ QUOTE ]
I do not like the fact that fetuses are being killed, but as I already stated, it beats the alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fail to see how 9 months of pregnancy outweighs the taking of an innocent life. And why should anyone feel bad about someone exercising their "rights"? Shouldn't we be rejoicing everytime someone has an abortion?