View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: KK early in Super Monday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the beginning, I'm a lot more concerned with getting a stack to work with than surviving into the second hour so I can survive into the third, and so on.

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unless you're a pro who has an opportunity to make big money playing in ring games should you bust out early, I totally disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a pro, I do have plentiful opportunities to make good money in side games, but how is that even relevant to my argument? If surviving with an average stack from one hour into next is your goal, our approaches to the game differ... radically. And I think mine is better.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...totally ignore my qualifer of "if you're a pro and can make great money in side games." I only said that to prevent someone from critisizing my argument on that almost irrelevant point.

Certainly, we could both be successful with different styles. However, I must say that the need to accumulate a big stack early is entirely overrated imho, and my first guess would be to say that you are doing this here.