Default Re: KK early in Super Monday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 10/20

T1070

I raise UTG1 with black KK to 55 and get called by guy with T1665 two to my left. All else fold

No reads, other than table had not been overly loose, more on tighter side.

flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet T150, and get raised T350

Pot is now 640 and I have 865 left. Whats my plan?

I am a MTT newb, so please bear with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

i pushed and lost to 99 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

gee what a surprise...a small pocket pair- the exact type of hand I've been saying all along will bust you out when you only raise small with KK or AA.

Note: sarcasm not intended to antagonize you(sorry about your loss)...its directed at those disagreeing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you dont want 99 to come along for a preflop raise when you have KK, you are playing far too risk averse, imo. different strokes different folks though, i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, lets make a few assumptions(obviously not all are true all the time, but I think that there would be quite a few times when they would all be true):

-If the flop misses both of you, you will win the pot with your first bet.

-If he hits his set and you have an overpair, you will lose your stack(apparently, many here want to argue against this...I play cards full time-I don't say this to brag, just to say that I'm not a terrible player- and I think that 9/10 times I lose my stack here)

-If you both hit sets, you will take his stack.

-If all rags come and you both have overpairs, then about 30% of the time you'll run into a player whose entire stack you can take. The other 70% is too good to let this happen.

You'll notice that I ignore small chip wins, as I don't think they're overly important here.

Under these circumstances, you clearly cannot make such a small raise that it gives a player proper implied odds to draw to his set.

Which part of this do you disagree with?