View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Is this too passive?

* grunch *

The pot is big and given mp2's range, I am not worried about making MP2 fold a weaker hand on the turn (no wa/wb here). So I think it is a matter of putting him on range of hand and seeing if it is worth 3 betting or not.

Most players would cap QQ or better in this pre-flop situation. So after MP2 raised the flop I think is range could look a bit like this:

A9s (3 times),ATo (12 times), AKs (3 suits for bdfd), AQs (3 suits to bdfd), QQ (2 times because some players won't cap them), JJ once, TT (3 times), 99 (3 times), 66 (3 times), 88 (6 times), 77 (6 times)

I added a few AK and AQ in there because some players might raise them in this spot, and I used the suited combos that give bdfd. I thought this would reflect more aggressive tendencies of some villains.

Anyways we get:
6 combos of overs that we beat.
15 5-outers that we beat.
12 6-outers (88,77) that we beat.

11 hands that beat us badly.

So it seems like we are enough of a favorite to 3 bet this flop and keep betting.

Maybe the range that I gave is too aggressive for the average 1/2 at Party, but I could have also discounted sets since many players will religiously smooth call them in this spot.