View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Proper play with TPWK?

Newbie here, still trying to get a feel for the proper amount of aggression to use post-flop. Please let me know any mistakes made here.

Table is tightish and relatively passive. SB is a complete idiot with some maniacal tendencies. He'll just as easy 3-bet with 72 as he will with AA.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB <font color="#A500AF">(idiot)</font> completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">idiot bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds, idiot calls.

Trying for the steal here, plain and simple. Failing that, if I can whittle the field down to just me and the idiot, I might have a shot. Since there were no PFR's, I think that at this point MHIG. If I get re-raised, I fold, especially with the straight draw showing. Correct play here? Is the raise a wise thing to do, or should I have just called?

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">idiot bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

If this bet came from anyone else, I fold. But this is the village idiot, so I call. I think UTG+1 is on the straight draw, as I don't think he'd call a raise on the flush draw with only 1 spade. If he had 2 spades, then this K would've hit his flush. If he hit, I'd expect a raise, and if it came, I'd fold. Correct move and thinking?

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
idiot folds, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

I got this far pretty cheap, and I think MHIG but I don't know for sure, and since I don't have a kicker, I choose the cheapest path to showdown. Correct, or should I have bet?

Final Pot: 8 BB