View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Why demand logic?

You are going back to the same circles. I bother to reply because I initiated this thread, otherwise I would leave it long time ago.

[ QUOTE ]
but you are wrong. It was about something in particular - religon.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wasn't about something in particular, certainly not religion in particular. It was just a circular collection of words, with abstract "meaning".

[ QUOTE ]
it was not about other things like boats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. It was about boats as it was about religion.

[ QUOTE ]
Hence it had meaning. You obviously understand what I meant by self-defeating religon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did. "Self defeating religion" is an empty creature of your imagination, that has no relation to anything in particular, here, there, or anywhere. It has to do with boats as much as it has to do with religion. Sorry to disappoint you again, but "self defeating relgion" is nada. I don't even agree or disagree with this "concept". it is the exact same concept as "3+a might equal z or not", as far as I'm concerned.

[ QUOTE ]
so you can understand what I would look for in a particular religion to decide if it was illogical or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so you actually mean that you look for CERTAIN things in PARTICULAR RELIGIONS in order to DECIDE if A PARTICULAR RELIGION is illogical or not? Why in hell would you do that?

[ QUOTE ]
There's more but that's so simple its hard to extend this when you keep wittering on about evidence instead of acknowledging that you know what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I "know" what you mean and what you mean means nothing to me without the specifics. Just nothing. Empty structures, that might be true, false, not true, not false, true and false, nothing at all, everything etc.

It is a very circular discussion. I keep it going because you keep posting here and I want this thread to hit 42342 posts. There's absolutely nothing else to say about this.