View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Lowest beatable limit?

[ QUOTE ]
amazon, thanks for the jackpot information!!!

i think 4/8 is reasonably beatable.... i said 1.5 or maybe slightly less rake per hour. and i think i was 30 hands an hour, so that 5 BB/100....

i think one nice thing about B&M being so slow is that very few people have the discipline or the interest to play tight=aggressive. you can easily fold 15 non-blinds in a row.

but it would be nicer to play the 10-20 limit.

can someone tell me what i need realistically to play at that level? i saw the comment that you don't need 300BB's to play tight-aggressive and i agree.. can you get away with 150 BB's??

don't get me wrong, no-limit cash or shorthanded limit are completely different stories

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are playing live, obviously the game goes slower. Therefore, I suppose you would lose money slower as well than if you were in a similar game online playing twice as many hands an hour.

If you had another job, then no, 300bb isn't necessary if you're playing on a regular basis. The amount you play probably won't be so great to where you wouldn't be able to "reload" if need be, or increase your bankroll.

FWIW, I never have 300bb for any live limit I play, but I don't play live that much. I sit down with what I have, maybe a little in reserve. Essentially I view it as taking a shot, although I don't plan on playing it fulltime. I play .5/1 and 1/2 limit online, $25-$100NL online. Obviously the quality of opponents I face in the 4/8+ limit and $100NL aren't going to be up to par with what I face online, since online is somewhat tougher. I should be a winner in these games and a huge bankroll shouldn't be necessary if I'm just sitting in those games for once or twice a month or so.