View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips post on his website about 2+2

[ QUOTE ]
His posts were articulate and noteworthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Right, those were the top ten vote-getters.

o/~ One of these kids is not like the other... one of these kids is doing his (or her) own thing... another of these kids was added at the last minute... o/~

It's a little soon to be so grossly revisionist, isn't it? But then, they seem to feel entitled to lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You implicitly attribute to me something I never said, then proceed to rely on the second-hand word of a poker player about his folded cards (as if that information were safely reliable) to demonstrate that I was wrong about what I never said in the first place.

That is a tough burn to take. I know it's the most exciting thing in the world for a guy like you to nail me with such a zinger, but you might get a bigger laugh (even by the relaxed standards of the vegetable garden that is your intended audience) if you wait for occasions where I am demonstrably wrong.

But keep swinging! Even a broken clock gets there twice a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Be that as it may, your choice of example is quite amusing because it defines your true reason as "he makes me feel dumb" instead of what you were hoping it was "easy" to see. There were probably dozens of examples you could have chosen that would have obscured this reality but unfortunately for you the same quality that allowed you to choose this example prevents you from identifying a better one.

[/ QUOTE ]