View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before I consider writing a response to all you awesome people who are so badass with your guns, one of you answer this:

Name one situation that you think a gun will help you in and I'm curious about the area you live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Join the real world, chief. I live in Philadelphia, and since I'm in law enforcement, I think I'm pretty qualified to answer this. It will help when some crack-deranged lunatic breaks into your house with a knife looking for money and lunges at you or one of your loved ones with a knife.

We don't all live on an secluded campus. Some of us live in the real world and face real problems - problems where it turns out that it's us or them.

BTW, to the OP - good choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
<disclaimer>I'm not an anti-gun hippie liberal democrat, well ok I am a democrat. Anyways, I'm not trying to make any kind of political point, just want some info.</d>

Thank you. I was hoping someone would actually bite and answer his question.

I'm curious about the concealed carry use. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I absolutely needed protection like that. I do however, live in the suburbs (the OC) where there isn't too much crime. If you lived in an area like this, would you still carry a concealed weapon, and why? Or do you carry because you can't avoid high-crime areas with a lot of nutjobs?

Also, I think going to a range would be fun, I have never fired a gun, should I go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I can't say for sure, I very much doubt that I would in that situation. It's a function of your environment.

With regard to ranges, it depends...I don't have anything against guns for hunting and protection at all, but ultra gun rights people who need eight fully automatic rifles bother me, and I've found that they populate certain ranges around PA. Shooting a gun at a range can be fun, if it's done at the right one.