View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: TPTK check-raises the flop and gets called

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with everyone who has said to fold this preflop precisely for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. The PF call was a mistake. My reason for calling this was because of how villain was reacting to me. I am not exaggerating when I say I had somewhere near 90% fold equity heads up against him. That being said, villain didn't know I would be the only caller when he made his raise from UTG. I should have taken that into consideration, along with his general PF passiveness, when I called. Just got into too much of a hurry.

[ QUOTE ]
I would have opted to lead and fold to a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this, but I figured that if there was a 70% chance he'd fold to a lead bet there was a 100% chance he'd fold to the check-raise. And I'd collect some extra money from him. Maybe I got too greedy.

[ QUOTE ]
since you opted to check raise and got called, I think it's time to go into check/fold mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I did.

One other possibility I considered when this hand played out was that he realized I was pushing him around and decided to make a stand with A high. However I decided that if that was the case, then it was time for me to show him a few real hands to scare him a little before I went back into bully mode.