View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Middle Pair concerns

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First things first. Limping here is a significant error. If there is a poster and you are not in the blinds, then letting the poster in for free is almost always wrong. Even without the poster this is frequently a raise (and if not then is almost always a fold). With the poster, even more so.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may well be a problem for me. I don't have it handy, but I think SSHE says call, not raise with KJo in middle position.

Granted, I normally do raise when posters come in. However, I was familiar with this poster. Also, I was worried about those still to act. I'm in MP2. MP3 was Tight/Passive. The CO (poster) was a TAG, the Button was a TAG, and the SB was a TAG. I had taken a few bad beatings from being in front of the Button and SB, so I may have been playing gunshy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am certain that SSH says to call with KJo in any unraised pot. SSH's pre-flop charts say a lot of things which are wrong in some situations (as SSH itself points out). Playing with a poster definitely qualifies.

Limping this against SSHs mythical table of loose passives is fine (although so is raising, depending on the players). But you have a bunch of TAGs behind you; why do you want to play a multi-handed pot with TAGs with KJo? With that hand, I want to play small fields with passive opponents, not large fields with aggressive ones. If I am worried about the TAGs behind me, I may shy away from KJo in MP, but if I am playing it, I am raising it.