Thread: Hand v 2+2er
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Hand v 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Krishan-

I'm a little concerned about making plays like this in a medium-sized pot, as you're putting in a lot of money on the turn to take down an average return on your investment. However, all things considered I think you made the right play.

1) A turn c/r + a river bet puts a tremendous amount of pressure on his unimproved hands/ mid-high pockets. Specifically, he's going to fold AK here almost every time to you on the river, avoiding a split. He could easily be capping 88-TT here preflop, and while he might call your turn c/r if one of his cards is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he'll often fold this river.

2) Your line doesn't open you up to much punishment if he's got a legitimate hand. Specifically, villain is going to have a hard time 3-betting you on the turn with AQ or KK (unless he has the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) With the same logic, you aren't going to get raised on the river here by anything less than AA or a set, so you can comfortably fold without worrying about him making a play with a holding such as AT.

3) A turn c/r is fantastic for metagame purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is terrific analysis. This part in particular is great.

[ QUOTE ]
He could easily be capping 88-TT here preflop, and while he might call your turn c/r if one of his cards is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he'll often fold this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that part when I played the hand. I autobet that river on impulse unfortunately.

Krishan