View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Dealer keeps showing people my cards

1. Hollywood park does suck. Other than taking advantage of the pony players who don't pay attention to their cards, there is no reason to go there. The Bike is much better.

2. For those of you who don't think that asking to see the cards is offensive, you don't understand the implication. The rule was designed to prevent cheating/collusion. When someone asks to see your cards, they are making an accusation at you.

My usual way of dealing with this is to fire my cards one at the time in different areas of the much so that there is no way to pick them out. I then tell the person that if they want to know what I had thay can ask me politely and I may tell them, however if they want to accuse me of cheating they can do it straight up to my face and we can have a conversation about it outside.

I am very "old school" when it comes to etiquette at the table. I understand that there has been a large influx of newbies the last few years that don't understand the rules of behavior, but that doesn't mean that I have to tolerate all kinds of rudeness. Accusing someone of cheating is very rude.

Shauna