View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:39 PM

Default QQ $2/$5 live hand

The game is the Morongo $2/$5NL, $300 cap on a Wednesday night. The game is currently 8-handed, I think.

Villain in this hand has around $400 after buying in short (a couple of times) and doubling up twice. He likes to call preflop raises, and he's been very agressive post-flop, leading into the PFR often. If I had to estimate his stats, it'd be something along the lines of 45/15.

I have Villain way covered. I've been playing pretty tight, but had a pretty good rush and one hand where we had a 4-way all-in where I had a straight over a lower straight and two guys on flush draws (that missed, thankfully). Still, I think Villain sees me as tight and maybe he thinks I fold a lot. I have folded twice to him when he's led into me after I've raised PF, once was with a missed AK on a draw heavy board (i had nothing), and the other was where I raised from LP with garbage and missed.

Folded to me, I raise to $20 from MP with QQ (I forget what suits, irrelevant), one LP caller, and Villain calls from the SB.

Flop $60: 5 5 J rainbow

Villain leads for $75, I call, LP folds

Turn $210: A

Villain hesitates, then bets $150. I go into the tank for a minute, then call.

River $510: A

Villain pushes, I insta-call