Thread: Got my Xbox 360
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Got my Xbox 360

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that is an incredibly stupid reason.

maybe you shouldn't spend money anymore because other people would buy grain or drinking water with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. If I was a hardcore gamer who tried for five weeks to win one and didn't get lucky, I might be annoyed, if I saw everyone who won it selling there's I would probably be doubly so. I know there are some people who really wanted the system to play who entered the contest like 2000 times and didn't win, and some parents who tried to win every hour because they don't have much money and wanted to give their kid a really cool Christmas present. We can agree to disagree, but IMO selling it would be kind of a d*ck move.

Last year I won three ipods (pepsi is good to me), again I could have easily sold them, you might remember the ipod craze was in full effect last holiday season, but I kept one and gave the other two to friends.

I dunno, maybe I'm a sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, you are a sucker. That doesn't mean you're not a nice guy or there's anything inherently all that bad about being a sucker. But you are one.

Nice move thinking about your brother when it came to the system, though.

But still, I think your reasoning on making the very least of your luck is pretty shaky. You really don't owe strangers a thing, virtually none of whom would have any way of knowing what you did with anything you won anyway.

Heck, if you want to do good, drop a couple bucks on a charity from the profits selling the X-box. People entering competitions for free stuff are just really not the right people to feel sorry for at all.