Thread: HUGE flop
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: HUGE flop

Clearly by the texture of your post you have a theif at your table, and you wanted to bust him. Obviously you found the hand to do it on. Now you have to bust him. If you think he is a thief, then his hand it probably feces (meaning only that he didnt connect to the flop, and probably doesnt have a premium hand). If he is a thief, then he knows he is a thief. He probably has figured out that you've been waiting to get him. He called your reraise PF im assuming to see if he could connect. But since you got all of the flop, he most certainly got none. If you make a continuation bet here, I'm thinking its very likely he'll just fold. You have all of the flop, and because he is probably on a semi-steal, his hand isn't good enough to call a CB, even a half-sized one. If you really wanna put the stealing to an end, it will be way to easy for him to wait a few rounds a try again if you give him a flop bet he can correctly fold to. After all, you've waited a while for your reraising hand, I'm sure he believes its a good one. So anyways, I think that in order to make him pay the most this on this one hand the best thing to do is slowplay in the hopes of inducing a river bluff. If he decides to bet on the flop and/or the turn, its better for you, because the pot grows, giving him reason to call on the river with whatever hand he has hopefully picked up by then.

Point is that more likely than not villain has no hand. A bet here lets him off the hook.

check/call flop
if check thru, check turn
if modest bet on flop, check turn
if sizable bet on flop, lead out river. with a bet as close to 2/3rds pot as you think he'll call.
river, get as many more chips as you can it, dont check.

This line of mine could EASILY be bad, feedback would be appreciated.