View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re-raising w/ PPs

I was wondering what your guys' thoughts are on raising w/ PPs when playing short handed. At a 9 or 10 handed table most players would re-raise w/ AA,KK,QQ, & AK, with some re-raises w/ JJ,TT,&99 mixed in. In a 6 handed game do you guys switch to a mostly re-raising strategy with JJ,TT, & 99? Also, do you add any other pairs or AQ? What if it is 5, 4, or 3 handed? I am interested in everyone's general strategy for re-raising in short handed games. Also, if you re-raise w/ nonpaired cards you can include them also. I know this is a very generic question and the circumstances would change one's strategy & that's why I'm calling it a general strategy. We will assume the original raiser is tight-aggressive. I used to play full ring games and have recently switched to 5 and 6 handed games. When the games aren't full I am sometimes playing 3 or 4 handed. I have been doing well but there is always room for improvement. Since there isn't much info on short handed cash game play so I thought I'd see what the posters on here do in these situations.