View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Strange Action -- JJ vs. an all-in raise

Don't discount the AQ or the KQ hands so quickly, and maybe not even the QJ hands either. Some players make those calls. $6 with no implied odds sorta rules out 44, so dont worry TOO much about that one.

But if I was that villain, and I had a Q in the hole with that flop and that action, I'd shove there too.

Trip Q shoves there because A) your large PF raise (which I agree with) suggests a premium hand. Maybe a big pocket pair, or some big suited broadways. Either way, if that is what the villain thinks you have, they need to raise you there and then, while they still have the best of it. Any card T or higher COULD potentially get them stacked, as could a spade. So shoving with the best of it makes their shove good. B) you started with ~$55. You raised to $7. You led out for $15. If they shove there you would be getting about 8:3 on your call. If you had the spades you'd call that with two cards to come and I think you might be too committed to fold if you had AA or KK. Even if you weren't they might think you were. They could have had a Q.