View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: live hand---overpair in monster pot

I posted because I wanted others thoughts on these types of situations where your reads suggest your in trouble but people do donkish [censored] in big pots and you might have the best hand that needs to be protected. Do I play aggressively and hope my reads are off, or do I trust my reads and slow down (even if it might cost me the pot)?

I routinely see guys LRR with any ace, any pair, suited broadways, suited connectors here (too be honest I didn't know much about MP1 and that 77 hand took place a few minutes before). It looks like MP2 has two pair or better but if he just has an overpair and I let some guy in behind me with A8 who would have folded only to have him draw out on me, I will feel pretty stupid. MP2 does donkish stuff sometime so who the f knows. When he bets the turn I know I'm in trouble. If I knew he had two pair, raising might buy me 6 or more outs. Hell, it might even fold the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I figured I would have to call a 3 bet so raising might not be so smart. I think the river is the easiest value bet in the world.