View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Sklansky on Abortion

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As for me, I'm pro-choice because I do not want to adopt any kids. If I were willing to adopt a potential abortee, I might consider being anti-choice. I would have much more respect for these so-called "pro-lifers" if they offered to adopt these unwanted babies.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a weird argument. I have no desire to adopt an eight year-old child, does that mean you don't respect my opposition to the parents killing it?

I can understand it if people are pro-abortion because they think a foetus has no rights, but not because they simply oppose people having to take responsibility for their actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I readily admit that abortion is morally wrong. I think most women will regret having one. However, I don't feel comfortable pushing my views of what is morally right on someone if I'm not willing to do something about it. How can I tell some woman I know nothing about that she can't have an abortion when I myself am willing to do nothing of consequence to help take care of the baby?

Do you feel morally superior just because you want to make abortion illegal? Would you sleep easier at night if abortion were illegal, while thousands of women everyday were giving themselves abortions with coat hangers? Or going to illegal clinics?

Get real, bro. This [censored] is going to happen whether abortion is legal or not. Take a step down off your moral high horse and drink a cup of reality.

Furthermore, how many "rights" is this child going to have if you force some woman on welfare or some women making $5 an hour to have a baby she doesn't want? Is that child going to be loved?

I see in your "pro-life" view a desire to "punish" the mother for her "irresponsiblity." Personally, I don't really care to punish anyone for having sex. It's natural and everyone wants to do it. You, like most pro-lifers, don't give a rat's about the baby. You mostly care about making sure the mother is properly punished by forcing her to keep the kid. If you actually care about that "life," step up to the plate and offer to adopt one of these potential abortees. Then your "pro-life" views will be something more than empty rhetoric.