View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Guy beating up his girlfriend on the street

Apparently, the law-abiding citizen that had a concealed handgun license is OBVIOUSLY that jackass beating up on his girlfriend, and he's gonna draw and shoot you dead as soon as you say, "Hey, stop that!"

... yeah. The people I know with CCW permits are some of the most well mannered people I've ever met. Cause/effect, blah blah, but its quite true. Considering that I've become the latest poster-boy for the anti-gun crazies out there, I feel the need to drop off my $0.02 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Assume I have my concealed handgun license, and assume I'm carrying my Glock 19, loaded w/hollow points and one in the tube. Assume that I'm Tony, and I walk outside to stumble upon this scene.

What in the hell makes you think I'm gonna pull out my gun and aim in at this guy? There are many, many laws that govern rules of engagement, and though I don't know them inside and out right now, I'm 95% sure I'd be going to jail right alongside the moron beating his wife... and my CHL would be revoked.

I would have done the exact same thing Tony did. My gun's sole purpose is to protect me and my family. Not to protect some broad from her crazy drunk boyfriend. That's what the cops are for.

Apologies for the semi-hijack.