View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Folding Trip Aces on the Flop

So, this table was really juicy. It had been loose passive pre-flop and LAG post-flop on the most part. MP3 was a complete donk. He called too often and made a lot of weak bets with less than the nuts. The button was an aggressive over-valuer. I had seen him shove with the underfull a couple of times, with varying degrees of success/luck.

MP3 ($89.80)
Button ($155.80)
Hero (SB) ($86)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, UTG+2 calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $1, MP3 calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, Hero (poster) checks, BB checks.

Flop: ($7) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $20</font>, Hero calls $16, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $83</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $150.80 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls $1.80 (All-In).

This fold seems like it should be automatic agaist decent players. One would have to have a good A, if not A-8 and the other has 8-8. I am at best a big dog and worst, drawing dead. Never a good situation!

Is the first flop call little more than spewing? Does anyone play this differently against these foes with those reads?

I got 4-way action with flopped quads on this table an orbit later. Play was that bad.