View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: playing underpairs aggresively

[ QUOTE ]
i normally fold preflop without at least 1 cold-caller (i might 3-bet if the openers a bit later and BB is not the table fish)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the call is kind of thin, but I had a pretty good handle on the monkey and pfr played fairly abc, so I thought with good reads I could play this profitably postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
as far as the turn, i guess this will make a hand like AQ(no club) fold and if fish has absolutely nothing he will fold, but i really dont know how often you are ahead here and villain has no club, i probly would have folded the flop, i dont know, this may work often enough to be profitable, but the pot is fairly small and you never know what the fish is doing, plus when you are ahead, its really not by much

[/ QUOTE ]
I made a case in my OP way I think the fish doesn't have a king or a club draw (of course he might have a crappy club, but any decent club he would have shown some strength on the flop).

As I said above, I think pfr continues to bet the bare A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and my thought at the time (I'll run some math later) was that I have enough equity in this pot on the turn to put in a raise to get BB to fold a hand with 6 outs and ocassionaly get pfr to fold a 6 outer and/or charge him the times he has clubs with no pair. I also think I am pretty much never getting 3-bet by a worse hand, so folding to a 3-bet is very easy here. There is also a small chance I can steal a pot from a hand like 55/66/88/99 no club.

[ QUOTE ]
whats your plan for the river if he calls and no club or ace hits?

[/ QUOTE ]
bet.

[ QUOTE ]
id think c/f but then again would this guy bet if he had the ace of clubs and missed?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure this guy will continue to bet a bare A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
are you betting if a club does come?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was planning to c/f any club or ace river.