View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: KK with way too much heat PF

[ QUOTE ]

My first thought was that I probably raised too little PF (mostly because I had just created a huge pot OOP).

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mind playing a huge pot oop with pocket kings, loose table standards, and against a bunch of habitual bluffers. No you dont want to take the pot down pre flop, you did raise 16X BB.

I would not do any of the options you have listed. Option E) Check the flop, let one of the maniacs raise, you re-raise all in expecting to get called by any 10 or any diamond draw. I dont check raise people that much. But I do check raise maniacs. 90% of the time I lead out here, but the table condions you describe I do option E. I dont see much of a case for leading all-in. You probably are gonna only get called by a better hand. Check this and let the maniacs do their thing, then put your money in when it gets back to you and expect a call with a weaker hand.

Look at the options you have listed
A) Do this and probably only get called by a better hand, maybe a diamond draw or A10 if you are lucky.
B) This is horrible, you are begging to get sucked out on by doing this. If you want to lead weak with the intention of getting re-raised and them moving all in then I like this, but you did not mention the second half of the move.
C) You want to check down a large pot with maniacs and habitual bluffers at the table? Something tells me this is not going to happen.
D) LOL

E) Check the flop, let anyone with a diamond draw or 10 try and take it down, then move in over the top. They will feel pot commited then and call with a worse hand than yours, or be forced to fold and you have made the extra money they put in.

Again this is only for the table conditions you have described.