View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Cars... M3-- Oporutnity Cost...

Americans should be allowed to complain about the cost of their cars, considering alot of other countries have to pay much more.

"What kind of people buy expensive cars-- and do they THINK about better ways to spend their money?"

If you have the money then why not? Anyway, cars mean different things to different people. Might just be for posing value for one person, and for another it might just be because they're into cars. Just because you don't think it's worth it doesn't mean others feel the same way. It might not be a poor investment for them if they feel they get enough out of it.

"I'l be making 6 figures plus coming out of college, but spending $12,000/year on a car is quite preposterous."

Maybe for you. What else would you spend that money on? Maybe other people don't want to spend like you do? Maybe they don't want to invest as much as you do?

"What kind of people out there prefer spending that kind of money on cars instead of the peace of mind of living in a paid off home which APPRECIATES!?!?!?"

People who get more out of the experience than you, and posers.

Why don't you just ask why some people spend every spare dollar they have on doing up their car, or any other hobby they have? Alot of people have expensive hobbies. You might see them as poor investments, but it's not really if they really get something out of it.

"I guess my next car is gona be a Subaru WRX"

Wow what a poor investment. I could buy a bike and get MUCH better performance out of it for 1/4 the cost [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]