Thread: when do i stop?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: when do i stop?

[ QUOTE ]
If you're paraniod at all about someone having quads when you have a full house that inlcudes a big pocket pair then you'll never make as much as you should at this game. You should've kept raising him down to the felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I can't really see not raising till I'm all in or he folds. The quads are so rare that you don't really have to worry about it unless you can get a read on the guy, but like you said he was a new player.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to think a little deeper than "OMFG! I have kings full. I need to get it all in." This isn't no limit. Your opponent has control over how many bets go in. You can only put in the 20th bet if your opponent is willing to put in the 19th. What you need to ask yourself is, what will my opponent put in the 19th bet with?

If I'm against the tightest rock in the world who WILL NOT under any circumstances raise without the absolute nuts, then putting in a 3rd bet on a K7442 board with KK is -EV. On the other hand, if I'm playing against someone who doesn't look at his cards, there's no way I'm not putting it all in with AK on a AJ962 board.