View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Why is Hellmuth checking in the dark?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I may be a little biased because I just finished "One of a Kind." The way that book talks about Stu, it was like he could look into your soul. It mentions once about a hand that he called a very large bet on the river (side game) with pocket 2's and no help from the board. Also, there is another mention about him calling an all-in (tournament) on the river with 10 high and taking it down. That is just sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being significantly biased. The default response seems to be "You never hear of a big laydown Stu Ungar ever made." I think it was Paul Phillips who mentioned that he was sick of everyone going on about Ungar, since we really have no clue about his true tournament record.

I am not trying to sell Ungar's accomplshments short, and "One of a Kind" is a good read, but if you believe that it does not delve into hopeless hyperbole, you are mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I can realize when I have "one sided" infomation in front of me. And that is what I was trying to say. My previous post meant that IF the book gave an objectional outlook on Stu's play, then he was a poker god. Key word = if. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]