View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: took down the taj 300+40 last nite!!!! (lc)

I was a pretty big fan of this tournament... It ended up with 85-100 players... I heard a local saying that the # of entrants in the tournament had gone down in the past few months.

They increase the time for blind levels by 5 minutes since it is a 300+40 buyin event, 25 minutes per level, which I thought was very reasonable.

As for the quality of players, there was definitely a mixture. There were a few extremely weak tight limpers, a decent amount of locals who frequent the tourney but are no means GREAT poker players, and there were people like myself, younger internet players... We had some good online poker convos going during the night... The final coupel of tables had very strong play, and was very entertaining.

Only my 2nd tournament live, but I was impressed with the Taj staff, they were very organized and ran the tournament well... Obviously I would have to reccommend this tournament because of my win [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but apart from the win, it was a nice experience.