View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL...A couple of turn C/R bluffs

[ QUOTE ]
What don't you understand? If I am going to C/R the turn, a certain % of those are going to be bluffs. I'm merely posting the bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1, you raise utg and fire c bet on A T 4r. Mixing your c/r (bluffs) is good and all, but when the K peels, what do you think he has to bet the turn, and what are you representing?

It's ugly because your line doesnt really make sense. I can't think of a standard hand (that is strong!) that would c/r over just bet again, and weaker hands that want to showdown generally c/c. SO... It doesnt make sense.

If he called to take away, or has a weak ace, I can see him folding, but alot of times a weak ace (like suited ace or broadway w/ a gutshot) checks behind the turn and vbets riv or snaps off a bluff on your part. So, for him to bet the turn, I think he either has nothing (and was calling to bluff) or has a hand that can handle a c/r. (IE he hit a gutshot, or more likely, 2pair.)

So thats why I think hand 1 is ug.

Hand 2 the c/r is more believable of a big hand, and leaving money on the end lets you make him fold missed draws he felt obligated to call your turn raise w/. So I dont think 2 is that ugly.